Synergen Housing Co-op Apply
Applying to live at Synergen is a little like applying for a job. Since every family here owns shares in our community and helps with our day to day management, it is very important for us to find new members who will make positive contributions and continue to make Synergen an excellent place to live.
If you are interested in moving to Synergen, each adult (18+ years) who will be living with you needs to apply for membership and complete all of the applicable steps below.
- Details can be found on NACHA's website.
- You will learn about co-operative living in northern Alberta.
- There is a $20 fee per family.
- A receipt will be provided as proof of attendance. Make sure all adult members of your family attend and are noted on your receipt.
- Our info sessions are held upstairs in our office at 426 Richfield Road NW at 7PM, on the first Tuesday of every month.
- At this session you can see if Synergen sounds like a place you'd like to live, get an application form, and ask us questions.
- Directions can be found on our contact page.
- Pick up an extra copy of our application if there are more than two adults in your family. Each application form only has space for two applicants.
- It is recommended that each adult applicant attend NACHA's info session and have their names indicated on the receipt.
- Synergen has an ingoing income limit for new members.
- The 2016 maximum gross annual income for an applicant household is $96,179. The 2017 income cap will be available in late March.
- An applicants tax assessment for the most recent assessment year may be provided as alternate proof of income.
- For example, if there are 3 members in your family who are 18 or older, you will need to include a certified cheque for $75.
- Please make certified cheques/money orders payable to Synergen Housing Co-operative Ltd.
- It is a big steel box with a slot cut into the top and a padlock on the front.
- The mailbox occasionally gets moved. If you can't find it check here rather than the checklist on your application for the most up to date location.